Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Long time gone...



Well, its been a long while since i've written on here. So here are just some general comments:

The metro is always an entertaining adventure. People will come on the metro and bring karaoke machines and sing to you. Most of the time the songs will be really old American songs. They'll sing part in French and part in English. Today some woman was singing "I just called to say I love you." They actually have a lot of people give them money. Way more then what would happen at home. There is this woman at the Bastille stop who always wears really nice clothes and sings opera with a group and sells CDs.

Once spring break comes around, I have a lot of traveling planned. The second half of the semester is really going to fly by. I'm going to try and get all of my exploring of Paris done soon so I can enjoy my trips. Here are some of my trips I have planned:

Spring break with Holly: March 14th - 21st. Italy: Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre & Rome (A lot of our friends will be in Rome that last weekend)

The 21st is the day my parents, sister and grandma get to Paris so i'll spend that next week exploring and hanging out with them.

The first weekend in April: Lisbon, Portugal (this is being paid for by my program-KEI). We will actually have a hotel and not a hostel.

Second weekend in April: Barcelona with Veronica! SO excited for this. It should be pretty warm then! YA!

Third weekend in April: Strasbourg, France. This is also with my program. We are going to stay at Daniele's brother's house. He has two daughters around my age. I'm excited to get to stay with a real French family. If they are anything like Daniele, they are bound to be amazing.

Last weekend in April: My parents will be in Ireland on a trip that my dad won through work so I'm (hopefully) going to fly over there and hang out at the Four Seasons in Dublin...not to shabby, eh?

That fist weekend in May, we have Thursday and Friday off of school so we are looking into a long group weekend. So far the options are Germany, Amsterdam, Prague, Greece. All of which are pretty sweet if you ask me.

I'm planning on staying after school ends on May 16th and traveling for a week or so. I have a Eurail pass that I got for Christmas that I plan to use then.

Cites/place I want to go:
Prague, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Munich, Athens, London, Brussels, Zurich, Vienna...

No comments: